Don McGreal (@donmcgreal) and Ralph Jocham (@rjocham) joined Ryan Ripley (@ryanripley) to discuss their new book The Professional Product Owner: Leveraging Scrum as a Competitive Advantage.
[featured-image single_newwindow=”false”]Ralph Jocham Presenting on Scrum[/featured-image]
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What is a professional product owner
- How the 3 V’s serve product management
- Common product owner anti-patterns
- The value of validating learning
Links from the show:
- The Professional Scrum Product Owner – https://www.scrum.org/resources/professional-scrum-product-owner-book
- Effective Agile – https://effectiveagile.com/staff/ralph-jocham/
- Improving – http://improving.com/
How to support the show:
Thank you for your support. Here are some of the ways to contribute to the show:
- Share the show with friends, family, colleagues, and co-workers. Sharing helps get the word out about Agile for Humans
- Rate us on iTunes and leave an honest review
- Join the mailing list – Check out the form on the right side of the page
- Take the survey – totally anonymous and helps us get a better idea of who is listening and what they are interested in
- Leadership Gift Program
- Make a donation via Patreon
Book of the Week:
[callout]The role of the Product Owner is more crucial than ever. But it’s about much more than mechanics: it’s about taking accountability and refocusing on value as the primary objective of all you do. In The Professional Product Owner, two leading experts in successful Scrum product ownership show exactly how to do this. You’ll learn how to identify where value can be found, measure it, and maximize it throughout your entire product lifecycle.
Click here to purchase on Amazon.[/callout]
[reminder]Which topic resonated with you? Please leave your thoughts in the comment section below.[/reminder]
Want to hear another podcast about the life of an agile coach? — Listen to my conversation with Zach Bonaker, Diane Zajac-Woodie, and Amitai Schlair on episode 39. We discuss growing an agile practice and how coaches help create the environments where agile ideas can flourish.
Help promote the show on iTunes:
One tiny favor. — Please take 30 seconds now and leave a review on iTunes. This helps others learn about the show and grows our audience. It will help the show tremendously, including my ability to bring on more great guests for all of us to learn from. Thanks!
Agile Dev West conference offers you the perfect opportunity to get away from distractions to immerse yourself and improve your agile skills in hot areas such as agile and lean development, scaled agile development, agile teams and leadership, digital transformation, and more.
Agile for Humans listeners use code “AFH18” to receive 10% off their conference registration.
Check out the entire program at adcwest.techwell.com.
You’ll notice that I’m speaking there again this year. Attendees will have a chance to participate in my half-day sessions on advanced scrum topics called Coaching Workshop: Taking Your Scrum to the Next Level, as well as Rethinking Your Retrospectives.