[featured-image single_newwindow=”false”]Allison Pollard – Agile Coach[/featured-image]
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What professional coaching mean
- How to start the coaching journey
- The power of self-organizing teams
- How to avoid inhibiting self-organization when coaching others
Links from the show:
- Allison’s Website – http://www.allisonpollard.com/
- Margaret Wheatley’s site – https://margaretwheatley.com/
How to support the show:
Thank you for your support. Here are some of the ways to contribute to the show:
- Share the show with friends, family, colleagues, and co-workers. Sharing helps get the word out about Agile for Humans
- Rate us on iTunes and leave an honest review
- Join the mailing list – Check out the form on the right side of the page
- Take the survey – totally anonymous and helps us get a better idea of who is listening and what they are interested in
- Leadership Gift Program
- Make a donation via Patreon
Book of the Week:
[callout]In Michael Bungay Stanier’s The Coaching Habit, coaching becomes a regular, informal part of your day so managers and their teams can work less hard and have more impact. Drawing on years of experience training more than 10,000 busy managers from around the globe in practical, everyday coaching skills, Bungay Stanier reveals how to unlock your peoples’ potential. He unpacks seven essential coaching questions to demonstrate how–by saying less and asking more–you can develop coaching methods that produce great results.
[reminder]Which topic resonated with you? Please leave your thoughts in the comment section below.[/reminder]
Want to hear another podcast about the life of an agile coach? — Listen to my conversation with Zach Bonaker, Diane Zajac-Woodie, and Amitai Schlair on episode 39. We discuss growing an agile practice and how coaches help create the environments where agile ideas can flourish.
Help promote the show on iTunes:
One tiny favor. — Please take 30 seconds now and leave a review on iTunes. This helps others learn about the show and grows our audience. It will help the show tremendously, including my ability to bring on more great guests for all of us to learn from. Thanks!
Agile Dev West conference offers you the perfect opportunity to get away from distractions to immerse yourself and improve your agile skills in hot areas such as agile and lean development, scaled agile development, agile teams and leadership, digital transformation, and more.
Agile for Humans listeners use code “AFH18” to receive 10% off their conference registration.
Check out the entire program at adcwest.techwell.com.
You’ll notice that I’m speaking there again this year. Attendees will have a chance to participate in my half-day sessions on advanced scrum topics called Coaching Workshop: Taking Your Scrum to the Next Level, as well as Rethinking Your Retrospectives.
The post AFH 094: Professional Agile Coaching with Allison Pollard appeared first on Ryan Ripley.