Johanna Rothman (@johannarothman) joined Ryan Ripley (@ryanripley) to discuss her new book: Create Your Successful Agile Project – Collaborate, Measure, Estimate, and Deliver
[featured-image single_newwindow=”false”]Johanna Rothman – Create Your Successful Agile Project[/featured-image]
Johanna is known as the “Pragmatic Manager” who provides frank advice for difficult problems. She is a prolific author and blogger. She also publishes a newsletter called The Pragmatic Manager. She provides workshops, training, and other services to organizations looking to improve the way they get work done. Her books include:
- Create Your Successful Agile Project: Collaborate, Measure, Estimate, Deliver
- Manage Your Project Portfolio: Increase Your Capacity and Finish More Projects, 2nd edition
- Agile and Lean Program Management: Scaling Collaboration Across the Organization
- Predicting the Unpredictable: Pragmatic Approaches to Estimating Cost or Schedule
- Diving for Hidden Treasures: Finding the Real Value in Your Project Portfolio
- Manage Your Job Search
- Hiring Geeks That Fit
- Manage It! Your Guide to Modern, Pragmatic Project Management
- Behind Closed Doors: Secrets of Great Management
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How to help set your teams up for success from day one
- Why coaches and scrum masters need to focus on their own learning first
- The role of management in an agile project
- The power of experimentation
Links from the show:
- Johanna’s website – https://www.jrothman.com/
How to support the show:
Thank you for your support. Here are some of the ways to contribute to the show:
- Share the show with friends, family, colleagues, and co-workers. Sharing helps get the word out about Agile for Humans
- Rate us on iTunes and leave an honest review
- Join the mailing list – Check out the form on the right side of the page
- Take the survey – totally anonymous and helps us get a better idea of who is listening and what they are interested in
- Leadership Gift Program
- Make a donation via Patreon
Book of the Week:
[callout]Create Your Successful Agile Project – You think agile techniques might be for you, but your projects and organization are unique. An “out-of-the-box” agile approach won’t work. Instead, unite agile and lean principles for your project. See how to design a custom approach, reap the benefits of collaboration, and deliver value. For project managers who want to use agile techniques, managers who want to start, and technical leaders who want to know more and succeed, this book is your first step toward agile project success.
Click here to purchase on Amazon.[/callout]
[reminder]Which topic resonated with you? Please leave your thoughts in the comment section below.[/reminder]
Want to hear another podcast about the life of an agile coach? — Listen to my conversation with Zach Bonaker, Diane Zajac-Woodie, and Amitai Schlair on episode 39. We discuss growing an agile practice and how coaches help create the environments where agile ideas can flourish.
Help promote the show on iTunes:
One tiny favor. — Please take 30 seconds now and leave a review on iTunes. This helps others learn about the show and grows our audience. It will help the show tremendously, including my ability to bring on more great guests for all of us to learn from. Thanks!
This podcast is brought to you by Audible. I have used Audible for years, and I love audiobooks. I have three to recommend:
- Agile and Lean Program Management by Johanna Rothman
- The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
- Rolling Rocks Downhill: The Fastest, Easiest, and Most Entertaining Way to Learn Agile and Lean by Clark Ching
All you need to do to get your free 30-day Audible trial is goto Audibletrial.com/agile. Choose one of the above books, or choose among more than 180,000 audio programs. It’s that easy. Go to Audibletrial.com/agile and get started today. Enjoy!
The post AFH 083: Create Your Successful Agile Project with Johanna Rothman appeared first on Ryan Ripley.