Marian Willeke (@mhwilleke) and Don Gray (@donaldegray) joined me (@RyanRipley) to discuss industrial learning, how small experiments can lead to big changes, and how to structure workshops for the greatest possible impact.
[featured-image single_newwindow=”false”]Marian Willeke Presenting on Learning[/featured-image]
Marian is passionate about ensuring effective learning experiences are created to improve people’s lives. She seeks to foster a learning mindset whether working with academic programs or corporate teams. She has many great resources available at mhwilleke.com and truly believes that our potential for agility is limited only by our capacity for learning.
Don is a friend and mentor to me, and a valued member of the agile community. He has contributed to multiple books including: CENTER ENTER TURN SUSTAIN: ESSAYS IN CHANGE ARTISTRY, READINGS FOR PROBLEM-SOLVING LEADERSHIP, and AMPLIFY YOUR EFFECTIVENESS. He co-teaches one of the top agile and leadership workshops available – Coaching Beyond the Team – with Esther Derby.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How to foster a learning environment in your organization
- Key considerations for putting together a workshop
- Why being aware of bias is critical to adult learning
Links from the show:
- Learning as a Habit template from Marian
- Marian’s Learning Development Framework
- Coaching Beyond the Team with Don Gray and Esther Derby
- AYE Library – Articles and Papers Galore!
[callout]From Sharon L. Bowman, the author of the best-selling Ten-Minute Trainer, comes the dynamic new book, Training from the BACK of the Room! This innovative resource introduces 65 training strategies that are guaranteed to deliver outstanding training results no matter what the topic, group, or learning environment. Now, trainers can replace the traditional “Trainers talk; learners listen” paradigm with a radical new model for designing and delivering instruction: “When learners talk and teach, they learn.”
Click here to purchase on Amazon.[/callout]
[reminder]How do you help your teams learn? Please share your thoughts in the comment section.[/reminder]
Want to hear another podcast about the life of an agile coach? — Listen to my conversation with Zach Bonaker, Diane Zajac-Woodie, and Amitai Schlair on episode 39. We discuss growing an agile practice and how coaches help create the environments where agile ideas can flourish.
One tiny favor. — Please take 30 seconds now and leave a review on iTunes. This helps others learn about the show and grows our audience. It will help the show tremendously, including my ability to bring on more great guests for all of us to learn from. Thanks!
This podcast is brought to you by SQE Training, a Techwell Company. Software Testing Training Weeks offers four courses that can help agile team members understand what makes testing in an agile environment different:
- Agile Tester Certification: Learn what makes agile testing different while exploring common agile testing processes in an interactive workshop setting. For both novice and experienced software testers, developers expected to test within agile teams, and Test/QA managers. https://well.tc/womx
- Agile Test Automation—ICAgile: Explore the many ways automation supports agile testing activities with real-world, vendor-neutral examples, approaches, and tools. For agile team members involved in testing, analysis, and deployment. Product owners and managers will gain important insights into the benefits and trade-offs related to agile test automation. https://well.tc/womf
- Fundamentals of Agile Certification—ICAgile: Learn the fundamentals of agile development and how to effectively plan and develop software using agile principles. For developers, test/QA professionals, project managers, business analysts, and more. https://well.tc/womg
- Test Improvement for Agile: Get the tools and skills needed to plan for and conduct a structured assessment and improvement initiative. For managers, product owners, scrum masters, and more. https://well.tc/womd
To learn more about SQE Training and these courses please visit https://well.tc/17AFHW and be sure to use the discount code 17AFHW for $250 any individual course or agile testing bundle purchase before March 15, 2017. Enjoy!
The post AFH 051: Industrial Learning with Marian Willeke and Don Gray [PODCAST] appeared first on Ryan Ripley.