Ryan Ripley (@ryanripley) joined the Aptera Live team to discuss the release of his new book: Fixing Your Scrum – Practical Solutions to Common Scrum Problems.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How to Ryan and Todd wrote Fixing Your Scrum
- The power of a Sprint Goal
- Tip and advice for avoiding the most common Scrum problems
Links from the show:
- Get a free sample chapter from the book here – https://ryanripley.com/fixing-your-scrum/
- Take a Scrum.org Class with PST Ryan Ripley – https://www.scrum.org/ryan-ripley
- Read Ryan’s New Book – https://pragprog.com/book/rrscrum/fixing-your-scrum
How to Support the Show:
Thank you for your support. Here are some of the ways to contribute that were discussed during this episode:
- Share the show with friends, family, colleagues, and co-workers. Sharing helps get the word out about Agile for Humans
- Rate us on iTunes and leave an honest review
- Join the mailing list – Check out the form on the right side of the page
- Take the survey – totally anonymous and helps us get a better idea of who is listening and what they are interested in
- Leadership Gift Program
- Make a donation via Patreon
Buy Ryan’s New Book:
Broken Scrum practices limit your organization’s ability to take full advantage of the agility Scrum should bring: The development team isn’t cross-functional or self-organizing, the product owner doesn’t get value for their investment, and stakeholders and customers are left wondering when something—anything—will get delivered. Learn how experienced Scrum masters balance the demands of these three levels of servant leadership, while removing organizational impediments and helping Scrum teams deliver real-world value. Discover how to visualize your work, resolve impediments, and empower your teams to self-organize and deliver using advanced coaching and facilitation techniques that honor and support the Scrum values and agile principles.
Want to hear another podcast about the life of an agile coach? — Listen to my conversation with Zach Bonaker, Diane Zajac-Woodie, and Amitai Schlair on episode 39. We discuss growing an agile practice and how coaches help create the environments where agile ideas can flourish.